April 2019: steinexpo will again be the meeting place of choice for the European raw materials and building materials industry from 26 to 29 August 2020. The main corner stones for this rather exotic yet successful trade fair have already been laid. This means that all the basic preparatory planning work for this largest quarry demonstration show on the European mainland has been completed. This guarantees that exhibitors and visitors alike will once again find the terrain in Europe's largest basalt quarry in Homberg/Nieder-Ofleiden developed to provide the most ideal exhibition space. This basic preparation stage is concluded by the sending out of the exhibitor documents. Based on direct feedback, the organisers Geoplan GmbH expects enormous interest in the event, which is now the 11th of its kind.
Motivated by the successes of the previous events, the organisation and planning team have again set very ambitious goals for this next event to inspire industry professionals with the 11th steinexpo in the late summer of 2020. This quarry-based demonstration show was already able to underpin its continuous growth at its tenth event in 2017: 293 exhibitors conducted successful discussions with 53,890 visitors, 92% of whom came to the trade fair mainly based on their technical interest in the exhibits. More than 70% of the trade visitors were decision-makers for companies that also operate quarries, gravel and sand mines or other raw material mining operations. The remaining nearly 30% of the trade visitors came from construction companies or recycling companies with investment needs in modern technology.
The increase in the total participation of exhibitors and brands by about 15% and of visitors by about 12% compared to steinexpo 2014 were attributed to the successful conceptual work of the organisers. This will carry on seamlessly with 2020 in view.
What these cold figures do not reflect is the real existing fascination with which the demo exhibition in the MHI basalt quarry in Nieder-Ofleiden has earned particularly high recognition from exhibitors and visitors. Visitors especially praised the manner in which complete processes were presented. The range of exhibits extends from mining to processing to transport, peripherals and supplementary service offerings. Trade visitors are particularly enthusiastic about the unique and authentic backdrop for the live demonstrations. In this context, the moderated joint demonstration of various large construction equipment brands also received top marks. In 2017, this exhibition show presented itself for the first time in a “stadium atmosphere” with a free view from a generous spectators’ stand onto the competing technical service providers.
Crushing and screening processes for the processing of basalt aggregate, building rubble, asphalt and excavated soil, bulk handling, back loading and transport processes are also presented here in a way appreciated by the decision-makers of the respective industries. It provided a comparison opportunity to assist them to make the right investment decisions in the best possible way.
Trade fair grounds like no other
Around 180,000 m² of total space will again be used in the Nieder-Ofleiden basalt quarry in 2020 as “fairgrounds” to serve as professional infrastructure and for successful product presentations and practical demonstrations by the exhibiting companies. Due to the ongoing extraction work the exhibition terrain will of course again look different than during the previous events. The organisers, their trade fair partners and the exhibitors are now working together to make steinexpo 2020 once again the central meeting point for industry professionals and the hub between supply and demand around the European raw materials and building materials industry as well as the downstream processing industries of mass-produced primary and secondary mineral building materials.
The exhibition documents are now available for download at www.steinexpo.de.