steinexpo 2017: Press release No. 1

Europe's largest demonstration exhibition stays at “home” in Nieder-Ofleiden

steinexpo and MHI sign agreement until 2020

October 2015: The Mitteldeutsche Hartstein-Industrie AG (MHI) is again making suitable areas in Europe’s largest basalt quarry in Homberg/Nieder-Ofleiden available for steinexpo 2017 and 2020. Representatives of MHI and the organisers Geoplan GmbH have signed the contract for the hosting of the next two trade fairs in November 2015. At the same time the organisers of Europe’s largest quarry demonstration exhibition started with the preparations for the 10th steinexpo from 30 August to 2 September 2017.

Motivated by the previous successful events, the organisation and planning team has again set very ambitious objectives for this next event to again inspire industry professionals with the 10th steinexpo in the late summer of 2017. Its continued growth and the excellent recognition the quarry demonstration exhibition received from exhibitors and visitors alike was again reinforced with the ninth event in the late summer of 2014. 254 exhibitors opened their stands for successful discussions with 48,130 visitors, 93% of which came out of purely professional interest to the trade fair. Among the visitors, more than 70% represented positions with decision-making authority for companies that also operate quarries or gravel and sand mines. The remaining nearly 30% of trade visitors came from construction companies or recycling companies with investment needs in modern technology. All the visitors praised the extensive range in the representation of complete processes from extraction through processing to transportation and related peripheral and service offerings. The joint demonstrations of the various construction equipment brands were also very well received. The increase in the overall participation of exhibitors and brands by about 15% and visitors by approximately 20% compared to the 2011 steinexpo was considered the well-earned result of the successful conceptual work of the organisers, which will be continued uninterrupted for 2017.

Location fixed for two more events
As per the agreement, a total area of about 180,000 m² for parking areas, paths and of course the live demonstrations will again be used as “fairgrounds” in the Nieder-Ofleiden basalt quarry in 2017 and also in 2020 for the steinexpo. Crushing and screening processes for the preparation of basalt aggregate material, building rubble, asphalt and soil excavation, materials handling, back loading and transport processes are shown here to the decision-makers of the respective industries following a proven recipe. The comparison helps them to make pending investment decisions as informed and correct as possible.
The organisers, exhibitors and partners of the trade fair are pooling their efforts to again make the upcoming 10th steinexpo the central meeting point for industry professionals in the European raw and building materials industry as well as processors of bulk construction materials. The exhibition documents can be viewed from the spring of 2016 at www.steinexpo.eu.

www.steinexpo.de

steinexpo: As the biggest and most significant stone quarry demonstration exhibition on the European continent, the steinexpo had its premiere in the Niederofleiden stone quarry in September 1990. The trade fair is held in a three-year cycle. By means of impressive live demonstrations against the backdrop of a magnificent stone quarry, manufacturers and dealers of building and processing machinery, utility vehicles and heavy vehicles as well as plants for reclamation and treatment of materials put their service performance on display. The recycling of mineral building materials represents another focus point. The steinexpo is organised by Geoplan GMBH, Iffezheim.

Captions:
Steinexpo_2017_PI1_1:
Due to the ongoing recovery activities, the official steinexpo fairgrounds in the Nieder-Ofleiden stone quarry constantly change its ‘face’. Photo: Peter Sandbiller/Graphic image: Geoplan
Steinexpo_2017_PI1_2:
steinexpo 2017 and 2020 will again take place in Nieder-Ofleiden: Dr.-Ing. Jürgen Aretz, Mitteldeutsche Hartstein-Industrie AG (l.), and Dr.-Ing. Friedhelm Rese, Geoplan GmbH (r.). Photo: Geoplan

Queries about steinexpo 2017

Professional/technical:

GEOPLAN GMBH
Tel: +49 (0)7229 606-30
Fax: +49 (0)7229 606-10
info@geoplanGmbH.de

Editorial:
gsz-Fachpressebüro
Tel.: +49 (0)341 698 063 83
schulz@gsz-fachpressebuero.de

When published, please forward a copy to: gsz-Fachpressebüro, Haferkornstraße 48, 04129 Leipzig, Germany
or PDF to schulz@gsz-fachpressebuero.de

Download article: Steinexpo_2017_PI1.zip

Datenschutz :: Kontakt :: Impressum :: Copyright © 2018 by Geoplan GmbH